lucky to have her live so close to us while we were growing up.
There are so many great memories for me of her.
When I was around 8, I begged her to teach me how
to crochet. I mean I would not leave the poor women
alone until I had mastered the single crochet and was able
to make my first crocheted blanket for my baby doll.
She wasalways very patient with me and I don't remember her ever
getting cross. I admired that about her.
Another memory my Aunt Jessie shared with me was how much Grandma loved babies. She was never happier than when she was cuddling a baby. I think I inherited that trait.
I love babies...
Grandma was always my "port in the storm". When my mom started working after dad got hurt my "big" brothers (you know who you are), would try and get me to cook for them. I was like 12, hello, I didn't know how to cook. So I would sneak out the back door and run to grandma's. She always welcomed me in and gave me treats. She would say, "what are those boys wanting now?" he he
I am so grateful for all the life skills she taught me. Crochet, cooking, making divinity and keeping her husband in line. (well kinda).
I loved her and miss her still...





No comments:
Post a Comment