Sunday, April 11, 2010

Grandpa Dee

This picture was taken when Grandpa was working at the Lost City Muesum.

Grandpa Dee, I don't remember a whole lot about him. I was only 8 when he passed away. But one of my favorite memories is when he used to tease Grandma Percy. Grandma would bring him dinner on a TV tray, always with a coke in a glass with ice. He would tell us kids to watch him make Grandma yell, then he would pick up the glass with his palsied hand and make the ice tinkle against the sides of the glass. This for some reason would drive Grandma crazy. She would yell, "Dee I told you not to use your bad hand, put the glass down before you spill it". Grandpa would just sit there with the biggest, cheesiest grin on his face and us kids would giggle until our sides hurt. I think he did it every time she brought him a coke. I think if I was Grandma I would have found a plastic cup or maybe Grandma liked the teasing? Hmmm... makes ya wonder?

No comments: